Every individual have different learning patterns. The learning method that suits you may not be suitable for others. There are many things to study. How can you study in a better way? Here mentioned are 60 top ways of learning faster.
1. Interlinking- Relating two ideas that have link with one another or between different field helps in learning better.
2. Use metaphors- Metaphors can be used for having deep understanding of the concept.
3. Understand the concepts- Students end up failing the exams because of lack of understanding the concept. Elaborate the topic on your own.
4. Use different ways to learn same information- read class notes, text books, use mind maps, teach someone what you have learnt, search for other information on the same topic and update your notes.
5. Review your notes often- Schedule a timetable for different subjects to review your notes as many times as possible.
6. Use of different materials- This will help you to cover up all the information that might be missing from your notes. This will help in thorough preparation.
7. Brainstorming sessions- Sit in a group at least a group of 6 to obtain new ideas from each.
8. Take breaks in between study session- Studying too many topics without taking any break will not allow you to retain information.
9. Make handwritten notes instead of using printouts- Using hand written notes help in designing and reframing the information in a proper manner.
10. Mindstorming- It is a good method of stimulating creative thinking.
11. Find out your weaknesses- In order to be a good leaner, you have to find your weakness. Find out why you are weak in a particular subject.
12. Relationship diagrams- Information or idea that relate one another can be drawn out as diagrams. Enhance this method with fluid notes.
13. Teach someone else- Also known as the Kindergarten method. You should be able to teach a 6 year kid as well as to others in case of advanced studies.
14. Take personal instruction- It is very important to take personal instructions from tutors. However, there is no compulsion.
15. Connect your concepts with what you learn- Try to connect your notes with what you have learnt because this will help you in remembering whatever you have studied.
16. Exercise must- It aids in reducing stress, mood swings, and enhances brain functioning.
17. Reward yourself after every study sessions- You should set a target that you will complete certain topics in a day.
18. Learning the process is important than time- Instead of focusing on how much time you are taking, appreciate and focus on the process.
19. Study at your own convenience- Everyone has a different pace of studying. You need to understand whether you can digest the contents quickly or you take time to learn.
20. Summarize the important points- Write summaries in your own words so that you can know what is the module or the concept all about.
21. Visualize- Converting abstract information into pictures can help in understanding the concept.
22. Draw it out- Using diagrams and scattering big information into diagrams can enhance the learning process.
23. Using Acronyms- There are various terms which is not possible to memorize. Using acronyms for such words or terms can help in learning the full forms in a better manner. For example, ILO, WHO, etc.
24. Link method- This is not an easy method and includes linking of two different ideas and creating a picture of the same.
25. Do not multitask- Multitasking is not good especially when you are studying. Try to stay away from distractions when you are studying.
26. Test yourself as many times as you can- Study the concepts and schedule a test day for yourself.
27. Use Peg Method- This is somewhat different from link method. In this, you need to use the Phonetics system instead of combining concepts to use picture.
28. Zoom and check- The main aim of this method is not to learn but to check yourself how much you have learnt.
29. Give human character to non-human things- This process is known as Anthropomorphizing. By giving human character to each of the non-human things, you learn faster and in a better manner.
30. Gap Avoidance- This technique is beneficial to understand the things you don’t know and gather the things you do.
31. Use your hand- This is a great technique to memorize. You basically use your fingers to memorize. Use terms or names on each finger to memorize.
32. Story or sequence of a song- This is a funny technique and should be appreciated by all. This technique combines the information in a sequence of story or song.
33. Break apart- In this, you have to assign 15 minutes for each subject. After every 15 minute, you have to take a break to allow your mind to memorize that has been studied.
34. Figure out what is important- Point out the important topics and figure out which information to study and which one to leave out.
35. Learn it only once- Try to complete one topic once at a time. Do not keep it for the next study session
36. Immersion- Basically you have to dive deep into the subject to learn faster. This will give you an elaborate understanding of the subject.
37. Use quiz method- In this, you need to suddenly question yourself on certain topics. This will help you to know whether you are able to answer your question or not.
38. Shape up your idea- If you are not able to learn something or you have to memorize an abstract concept, give a proper meaning and shape to it.
39. Sleep 8 hours a day- Do not stress. 8 hours of sleep is a must.
40. Stay away from distractions-Stay completely focused when studying. Turn off your TV, switch off your phones or keep it in airplane mode.
41. Choose the right time for studying- Identifying the peak mental hours when you can concentrate the most.
42. Say goodbye to stress- Stay away from stress and depression. Meditate and relax to find a balance in your life.
43. Be creative- Do not just allow learning to be an unreceptive activity. Create your own information, and relationships.
44. Be an organized person-You need to be organized so that you can find your notes on time.
45. Make use of existing information- Use your knowledge which you already have. Combine the existing knowledge with the new ones.
46. Study small portions at a time- Do not go for two topics at a time. Read small portions to memorize faster.
47. Focus on essential materials- Majority of the questions in the examinations come from the main or core part of the syllabus.
48. Swap up between subject types- Divide your study period between different subjects like problem solving subjects, memorizing subjects, interpreting subjects.
49. Simplify information, make notes and learn- Instead of learning everything from the text, compress the material into a compact one. This will simplify the learning process.
50. Choose different study background- Shifting locations can help you to rejuvenate and concentrate more on your studies. For example, a different room or verandah.
51. Solve test papers- Once you are done with the syllabus; try to solve the old test papers as much as you can.
52. Read out loud- Study the main information loudly s that you can hear what you are reading.
53. Meditate – Instead of getting hyper and nervous before exams, try to meditate and concentrate on what you have studied.
54. Eat light foods- You should eat light and low oily foods before exams to avoid indigestion.
55. Learn and write- Writing without seeing what you have learnt is the best way of memorizing and scoring good marks.
56. Do not stress over marks and grades- Remember, grades and marks are simply numbers and letters. Study so that you can learn.
57. Record how much time you need to read- Because there are too many things to study, it is important to set a fixed time for each subject.
58. Do not leave anything for the last minute- Try to cover up your syllabus before time.
59. Do not plan- Planning to study and not executing is not a good idea. Do what you need to do.
60. Live a healthy lifestyle- A healthy lifestyle is mandatory for good learning. Wake up early, exercise, eat healthy foods and study hard!